Wednesday, January 03, 2007

"There Are Flies On The Windscreen For A Start..."


Okay, I held back as long as I could, but what a ghoulish Holiday Season of Death Rituals we've just been through. The famous dying or being executed, bodies dragged around the country. Before I get started though - a Brain Teaser! What Band did I quote as the title of today's post? Hmmm?

Returning to my main point. Predictably, the Famous and Infamous died in 3's to round out the year. The Godfather of Soul, our 38th President and the Butcher of Bahgdad - all in a five day stretch. Gerald Ford wins the MOST TRAVELED CORPSE award making appearances in Palm Springs, Washington D.C. and Grand Rapids MI. Second, James Brown from South Carolina (?) to Harlem and finally Georgia to be laid to rest. Both dwarfed Saddam's Tiny Tour from Bahgdad to Tikrit. I guess the lesson here is: The more you are loved - the more of America your remains get to see. (See America from your own back- uh Casket?)

And music, here The Hardest Working Man In Showbiz rocked the house. Sorry Mr. President, I got a little burned out on RUFFLES AND FLOURISHES (sounds like a gay boy-band.) And poor Saddam, no music just taunting to sing him to his disturbed peace.

I know, it's a morbid way to begin the New Year but I didn't kill 'em. I just watched the rituals unfold.

1 comment:

swtill said...

Quoted: Depeche Mode