Saturday, December 22, 2007

And So...


... I'm Offering This Simple Phrase For Kids From One To Ninety-Two. Although It's Been Said Many Times, Many Ways -

Merry Christmas To You.

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS


In the eleven years I've lived in this apartment I've never had any Christmas tree aside from the small ceramic tree lit from inside that I bought at a thrift store.

This year my roommate, who rarely if ever shows any sentimentality, surprised me with a white, plastic, Dollar Store tree pre-lit with colored twinkle lights that we decorated with some ornaments that have sat in a box since I bought them on clearance at Tuesday Morning.

My recent brush with mortality (I missed the week I was in critical condition because gladly I was sedated) has changed a lot of things in my life: I tire easily, can't walk far, see a doctor every three days, give myself shots in the belly twice a day and get stuck with a needle every time I sit down. It has also, apparently, changed my vision - I've never seen a prettier tree.

May you and yours have the merriest of Christmases ever,

Timothy

1 comment:

Kuraitsuki said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I am glad for your friendship. It doesn't matter how much "stuff" I have, as long as I have good friends around me, then I am rich. Thank you for being one of those good friends, Timothy Hogan.