Wednesday, March 05, 2008

High And Mighty Inc.

If you play the music I sound a little less crazy... very little, actually.

BERSERKER by GARY NUMAN

Sometimes I shake my head and shout,"I CANNOT think this! It's Just TOO WRONG!"

Forget Political Correctness, I have long-ago graduated to Unquestioned Moral Repugnance as I contemplate writing phrases like "little cripple-girl" or "soul-less automaton" nay "empty, depersonalized pleasure-seeking monster-sluts" as I would attempt to describe my fellow man, however crippled by my opinion of the un-redeemable state of their existence.

I struggle to balance my cynicism against the lingering flicker of hope I have for us and yet I am bombarded by the grotesque prostitution of self to the unthinkable and historically unspeakable that sits at the center of so many offerings on the World Wide Web. Our nastiness - we, myself included I - categorized, paraded and book-marked/saved to our Favorites.

That which we so-long held hidden and darkened within us screams now from the billions of pages on the Internet.

We should be so proud. The negative and sometimes repulsive underpinnings of our high and mighty selves displayed in word and picture for all to see. Our Anonymity assured by the depersonalization of empty Cyber-Space.

Viva Man! The spin of our disintegrating claim to dominion over the earth increasing in speed - the shreds of our Humanity flying off akimbo into the void.

No comments: