Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The CURSE of VERSE (for better...worse) - V

Blancmange - THE GAME ABOVE MY HEAD


1

Someone said there's a place in my Head where the Living and the Dead carry on discourse.

I denied that anything inside could be forced to provide any proof of being in there.

Then the giggle of the Chorus who had gone so long before us burbled up through the porous part of Me I call my Mind.  

Laughing they said that I'd made my Bed and to argue with the Dead proved me Madder than I'd feared.

I inhaled my Dread realizing I'd fed my Sanity on the Bread that They couldn't really be there.

Once again the Chorus giggled as upon my chair I wiggled and the line I drew grew squiggled between Them and Me.

So misled - so many Years I sought a Thread to follow backwards in my Head to take me to my Source.

... to be continued.

2 comments:

Kuraitsuki said...

I like it...and am looking forward to its continuation.


Linda

Timothy Hogan said...

i think it gets darker first then stumbles toward redemption. a clumsy grace. slipping into eternity.