Monday, July 16, 2007

Better, stronger, faster...


When I was just old enough to read the DC and MARVEL Comics of the 60s and 70s I knew that I was only days away from discovering my own super powers.

In the Comics, the onset of puberty always heralded the arrival of the "super power" and pimples, body hair, wet dreams, locker room hardons...but I digress. I was 11 going on The Human Torch. The kind of comic geek that wrote letters to the editor when ridiculous plot devices saved the day.

Day by day I prayed for the arrival of my power(s). Flight? Super Speed? Telekenesis? Most of all I wanted a Death Ray to shoot out of my eyes.

Instead, I got a "Bore You To Death Ray" that I shoot from my mouth. Effective, but probably not super.

1 comment:

jungle dream pagoda said...

You are NEVER boring my love!!!